Twelfth Night is a fast paced comedy packed with romance, practical jokes, and mistaken identity! Join Viola as she journeys through the whimsical land of Illyria and meets an amazing cast of characters. Perfect opportunity for beginners to try their hand at an abridged adaptation of Shakespeare! set in the 1920s, cast of 16-20.
Check out the Nickopedia Synopsis for more on the storyline
Announcing open auditions for Twelfth Night! Please prepare a one-minute monologue from a Shakespeare comedy. You don’t have to be a Shakespeare expert, just make big, bold choices and do your best! This is a perfect opportunity for beginners to try their hand at an abridged adaptation of Shakespeare. Cast of 16-20.
Audition Tips for AACT Young Performers
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for an AACT’s Young Performer’s Production! Whether this is your 1st or 101st time to audition, here is some information that you might find helpful.
What to prepare:
- Please come prepared with a comedic monologue that is one minute or less.
- There are MANY different websites where you can find monologues, here are some examples of free sites.
- These are just examples, there are many other sources you can access.
Check your calendar, for all obligations that could conflict with rehearsal or show dates.
- You will be required to fill in a Google Form conflict sheet listing all possible conflicts at the callback audition. Please check all schedules, dance, sports, school conflicts etc. when listing your conflicts.
- Please carefully read the Rehearsal/Show Dates, and our Attendance Policy. These are all listed in the “Responsibilities and Obligations Form” that you must read before signing up for a time slot.
- Auditions will be Monday, December 6th and Tuesday, December 7th from 4-7 PM.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Everyone has a 5 minute time slot. We will do our best to stay on time, but be prepared to wait.
- Callbacks are Wednesday, December 8th from 4-7 PM by invitation at the Jan Dempsey Art Center. We will post the callback list Tuesday, December 7th by 9:00 PM.
- The cast list will be posted no later than Saturday, December 11th by 10:00 AM.
Where to come:
- Jan Dempsey Art Center 222 East Drake Ave. Auburn, AL
Who can Audition:
- The audition is open for actors ages 13-18. You must be 13 by auditions and still in High School.
What we are looking for:
- Actors that can show real emotion in their scenes.
- Actors that will “take direction”
- Actors that can project and enunciate
- What you look like, sound like, and how you move when playing a character.
“Call backs” is a theater term, meaning, we want to take a second look to determine who is best for each role. Note we DO NOT actually call you back, you will need to check the posted list to find out if and when you need to be there.
Not everyone who is called back gets a role. Not everyone who auditions will be able to be in the play, even if you have been in a play before. Not everyone who is in the play will have lead roles. Everyone who even tries is a hero to us, it is scary to audition, and we are proud of all of you! Don’t get discouraged if you don’t make it or get the role you want. Even famous actors don’t get every role they audition for ☺ Just keep on trying. Get involved in theater however you can. There are no small roles!!
The best thing you can do to prepare is to relax and have fun.
Break a Leg!
Producer: Melanie Brown | email@example.com | 334-332-6834
Hello all! Thank you all so much for auditioning, there was some amazing work presented at auditions and you should all be so proud of yourselves. Please feel free to look at all the sides that correspond with the characters for which you have been called back – you DO NOT have to be memorized at callbacks.
All actors will be called at 4:00 for a warm-up, and then we will do our best to stagger out scenes so that we can release people in a timely manner.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions and congratulations!
Feste, Orsino, Viola Sides
Feste, Maria, Sir Toby, Sir Andrew, Malvolio Sides
Mae Mae Buck
Sir Toby, Sir Andrew, Maria Sides
Thank you so much to everyone who auditioned. There were so many incredible actors in the theatre on Wednesday that truly impressed me, and I am so grateful that I got to witness your talent firsthand. If you were not cast, please keep auditioning. There will be roles for each of you, so keep showing off the genius inside of you. It takes real bravery to do so, and I commend all of you so much.
Cast, please remember that our Monday rehearsal slot has changed this year. We now rehearse on Mondays from 5-7 PM. Wednesdays will remain 4-6 and Saturdays will remain 9-12. PLEASE also email our stage manager Abby Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, December 11th at 12:00 PM to accept your role. I am so excited to see you all on Monday, December 13th at 4:00 for our read-through (this will be the only Monday at 4 rehearsal)!
Duke Orsino: Jackson Wells
Sebastian: Wyatt Busby
Lady Toby Belch: Sophia DiJulio
Sir Andrew Aguecheek: Justin Brasfield
Malvolio: Emma Jacoway
Viola: Aubrey O’Bryant
Olivia: Abby Durkin
Maria: Mae Mae Buck
Feste: Audrey Miller
Fabian: Rhema Creel
Antonia: Claire Miller
Valantina/Attendant: Anita Duncan
Curia/Officer 2/Musician: Bette Gibson
Sea Captain/Officer 1: Hudson Cooper
Priest/Attendant/Musician: Olivia Lepczyk
- Mondays 5:00-7:00, Wednesdays 4:00-6:00, and Saturdays 9:00-12:00
- December 13th and 15th from 4:00-6:00 will be first read-through rehearsals.
- January 3rd: Regular rehearsals begin
- January 15th and 17th: There are NO rehearsals for the Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend
- February 19th: 9:00-4:00 Set Build Day Rehearsal (pizza lunch will be provided)
- February 21st and 22nd: 4:00-9:00 Tech Rehearsal (actors will need to bring dinner)
- February 23rd: 4:00-9:00 Dress Rehearsal (actors will need to bring dinner)
- December 13th and 15th from 4:00-6:00 – 1st Rehearsal/read through
- January 3rd – regular rehearsals Begin
- All Saturdays
- All rehearsals beginning Monday, February 14th
- Each family is required to spend at least 3 hours per actor helping with the show
- Set Build Day – Saturday, February 19th; we will need as many parents as possible to help that day
- Everyone is required to help “strike the set” after the final show is over
- Each actor gets on complimentary (free) ticket, you must pay for all other tickets
Rehearsal Attendance Policy
Theater is the ultimate team activity. It is so important that everyone is at their rehearsals. It is impossible to adequately rehearse a scene when some of the cast is missing.
- Please plan to be at ALL rehearsals. However, we try to use your time wisely, and we will email a weekly “Call (Rehearsal) Schedule” to let you know if you do NOT need to come. You MUST check your emails.
- Please list ALL of conflicts on the Rehearsal Conflict Form
- We do take the number of conflicts into account when casting a show.
- Saturday rehearsals are mandatory. For already scheduled school obligations, you may be excused from ONE Saturday rehearsal, but it must be listed on your Rehearsal Conflict Form. Any other circumstances must be approved by the director.
- An absence is considered unexcused if you must miss rehearsal for any reason other than illness, family emergency or something that is NOT already listed on the conflict calendar.
- After 1 unexcused absence, you will be dismissed from the show.
- You must contact the Stage Manager prior to rehearsal to be excused for illness or family emergency.
- There may be times that we will need to rehearse at a location other than the Jan Dempsey Art Center. You will be notified in plenty of advance notice if this is necessary.
Please check all schedules, dance, sports, school conflicts etc. when listing your conflicts.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Director: Addison Peacock – email@example.com | 334-734-2676
Producer: Melanie Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org | 334-332-6834
Stage Manager: Abby Bowling – email@example.com | 334-329-3002
February 25th, 26th, and 28th at 6:30
March 3rd, 4th, and 5th at 6:30
February 26th and March 5th at 2:00 PM
*COVID-19 Note: We will follow all current CDC Guidelines in regards to facial coverings and/or distancing needs.