A walking small-group tour through the piney winter woods, with lights, decorations, and songs by local talent at stations along the trail. All performances will be family-friendly and highlight the diverse traditions and culture of our community. Additionally, daytime walks will have special surprises and songs for the kids! Details about timed entries and tickets can be found at www.auburnact.org starting December 1.
The Holiday Walk in the Woods will take place at the Kreher Preserve and Nature Center on Friday, December 18th and Saturday, December 19th at 5:00 PM and on Saturday, December 19th at 10:00 AM.
Tickets will be $5 per person over the age of three to reserve a spot. The number of patrons in a group will be determined closer to the event, but probably 12-15. A full tour group for a specific time can be purchased to keep a family or social group for $70 and will have a larger capacity.
Ways to get involved in this event:
1. A performance that is holiday-themed or representative of your group’s traditions and culture. To maintain health and safety we ask for just 1-4 people, who will be able to distance from each other as they perform or belong to the same family or exposure group. Performers will not be asked to work all three shifts, but likely 1-2 times according to their preference and scheduling needs. They will need to perform their piece (3-5 min) approximately 10 times in a row with short breaks between, during a 2 hour time span. There is no electricity, so battery-operated Bluetooth speakers, acoustic accompaniment, or acapella performance is required. A dress rehearsal on Dec. 12 or 13 will allow performers to practice in their location on the trail.. Organizers will ask for titles and samples of the performance in advance in order to maintain a cohesive theme and quality as well as to be able to best arrange the order and location of each station. While all performances should be family-friendly, one performance will be daytime and some songs specifically catering to children will be needed for this. The trail is lined with string lights, and each station is a turnout on the trail with adequate space and will have a lantern on a post. Performers and their organization are encouraged to decorate their performance area, keeping in mind that it is outdoors, likely wet, and there is no electricity.
2. A tour guide assigned to a specific group of patrons. The guides walk through the trail with their group, introducing each “tour stop” with information AACT will supply about the performers, their organization, and their chosen song or piece. These guides also make sure that guests follow safety protocols and regulate the timing of groups on the trail. They will be equipped to maintain communication with organizers and each other by text, for timing, safety, and other needs. Most tour guides will only lead a group once during a shift and can work as many of the 3 shifts as their schedule allows. A sample schedule can be found below.
Additional ways to participate:
– Parking and check-in volunteers during events.
– Volunteers to set up lighting and other decorations in the week before the event.
– Supply a children’s craft kit, treat bag, or packaged special holiday snack that can be picked up at the end of the trail to take home. (Your organization may put your name and info on this item)
– Music leaders to host a carol sing-along at the end of the trail in the amphitheater if COVID safety guidelines allow this at the time of the event.
– Be a sponsor towards the cost of the event or specifically towards tickets for a group. ($100 and up includes name in publicity)
– Donate prepackaged water or hot drinks for performers and guests.
Auburn Area Community Theatre is looking for reliable volunteer performers from a diverse representation of the local Auburn area community, and a variety of songs, instrumental pieces, or spoken word performances that are holiday, unity or culturally themed. Each performer will repeat one song/piece lasting 3-5 min, 9-10 times over a 2 hour period. For these reasons, we will be selective about applicants, to create a varied, high quality and appropriate performance experience for audiences. Please keep these requirements in mind as you complete this form, select a song/piece and a back-up choice, send a sample video, and when you receive our decision about whether your performance has been selected. Because of safety concerns, we are currently limiting performers to ages 16-up unless in a family or organizational grouping with an adult leader and we prefer solo or duet performers, with a maximum of 4 in a performing group. Please see event description in separate document or at our website www.auburnact.org for more details about other safety procedures, set-up and theme of the event, ticketing info etc.. A video of a similar event can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKXGTqcm6g
Application and video must be received by 11/10/20
Send to email@example.com, or mail to 517 Cross Creek Rd, Auburn AL 36832
Or call 334-703-3128 to make other arrangements or with questions.
Decisions will be sent by email or phone on or before 11/22
Submit video and this application form on time if you wish to perform at this event:
In the spirit of unity and peace while maintaining health and safety, Auburn Area Community Theatre and the Kreher Preserve are planning a special December event – A celebration of music and traditions representative of our whole community. Performers will be staggered along a decorated and lit path in the woods, while timed entry small groups walk the path with a guide. At the end of the path, treats and craft stations await as audience members return to the parking area. Performers will include a diverse group of individuals and representatives of community organizations.
We are looking for community businesses, organizations and individuals to help make this event a success by donating:
– Hot drinks ready to be served according to health and safety precautions.
– Individually packaged treats or goody bags. (Your business or organization info can be attached)
Donations will be acknowledged in event publicity and at the event and are tax-deductible.
3 event times:
Dec 18 5:00
Dec 19 10:00
Dec 19 5:00
Total servings at each event – 125
If you can commit to a donation please complete the following:
We are looking for community businesses, organizations, and individuals to help make this event a success by donating:
– Ticket Angels: $100 donation to cover the cost of a timed block group of tickets to be given to a community organization such as Boys and Girls Club, Big House, Esperanza House, or a Scout troop. One timed block of tickets for up to 20 people is available for a $100 donation.
– Event Sponsor – $250 donation towards the costs of running a performance.
All donations are tax-deductible and a receipt will be sent.
Donors will be acknowledged on-site and in publicity for the event.
Donations can be made through Venmo to @Auburn-ACT, on our website www.auburnact.org, or by check to AACT P.O. Box. 3434, Auburn, AL 36831
Make sure to comment that the donation is for tickets for this event, and who should be credited.
To donate goods or volunteer time, or with questions please contact:
AACT Board member and Coordinator of Holiday Walk in the Woods