Auburn Area Community Theatre Young Performers
Call for Proposals/Applications for Director of
Teen Production 2019
Deadline: Rolling considerations of applications with final acceptances of materials by March 15, 2018
Looking for Director with theatre training/experience and passion for connecting with teens to teach and encourage them while creating a quality production. Volunteer position with possible small stipend and full support of AACT in production, marketing, technical areas. Director will be considered as a package with the show he/she proposes, unless director is willing to direct what AACT chooses for him/her. AACT is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. www.auburnact.org or on FB
Performances March 2019, 2 weekends
Auditions and Preproduction Meetings: December 2018
Rehearsals: Mon/Wed 4-6:00, Sat 9-12:00 Jan – Feb 2019
Where: Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center, 222 East Drake Ave., Auburn AL., 36830
Cast between 10-25 depending on show
Candidates should submit all of the following:
- Creative Resume including relevant work experience with contact information.
- Conflicts and/or scheduling concerns.
- Three References we may contact that include people with knowledge of your experience working with youth, as well as theatre experience.
- Proposal of Script and/or written agreement to direct whatever AACT education coordinator chooses.
( Script must be for a play, not a musical, cast 10-25 characters, btw 60-90 min, appropriate for PG audiences)
- Any staff you have committed to work with you.
Apply for this opportunity by clicking the button below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with attachments
Questions call 334-703-3128
Candidates will be contacted if follow-up interviews or information are needed. Otherwise decisions will be sent by email, by April 15.